Soil Survey of Kitsap County & Flood Plains in Gorst, WA


Looking at the soils in Kitsap County, where the Gorst Watershed is, the Soil Survey from the USDA website was helpful in determining what all the soils are used for. Down below is a copy of the report and it gives a very detail analysis (90 pages) of the different uses of soil in Kitsap County. Though it was not really relevant on finding specifics for Gorst.



When I use the FEMA mapping tool, unfortunately there was nothing specific for Kitsap County so I put in Gorst, WA where the watershed is. This was able to give me an idea where the flooding will most likely occur.


I think these two tools are really helpful if you're looking for specific dynamics of the watershed enabling to provide more ways to manage the watershed.

Comments

  1. The report you embedded was a little difficult for me navigate and the link isn't working for me. I'm curious about the soils in that region though and would love to look at that report a little closer. Can you reply with the direct link so I can check it out? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will email you for it isn't allowing me to send it the link on here :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts